Existing Member?

The Crazy Adventures of the Northern Girl

Travel Day 1

USA | Saturday, 9 June 2012 | Views [440]

Today was a bit of a rough day. Any day that starts with three hours of sleep when you wake up at 4:30 is a rough day.  Toronto was pretty uneventful, I had never done customs going out. I was hot, tired and hungry (I completely slept through both flights).

Once I arrived in New York my mood hit the floor again...I was so hit and frustrated I began to second guess myself. (Sarah...how the hell will you handle Africa I you can't even deal with the heat in the damn airport!?!)

Once I made it to my room (thank god they let me check in early) I finally had a real nap. Not sittin up...not against a wall....a for real borizontal nap.  My first real meal in almost 24 hours helped with the rest of the mood.

Then my first adventure happened....I went to Walmart. Yikes. My cab was a big old' cadillac escalade so at least I rode in style!

The next two days brig three airports (JFK, Dubai and johannusburg) so I'll update when I can! I get to meet my group tomorrow so I'm both nervous and very exciting!!

P.S. no adverse side effects from the malaria pills! YES!

Tags: on the road

 

About northerngirl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.