Existing Member?

Island Spirits

Nomadicnights

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 9 May 2015 | Views [1713] | Scholarship Entry

Nomadic nights hints of ocean adventure and moonlight magic in Tropical Far North Queensland. My adventures in North Queensland are an annual experience until I decided to call Cairns my home! Clifton Beach is littered with native vegetation which enables cool picnics under the shade of trees overlooking a curving coastline to the right and two Islands to the left!

Soaking up the vast landscape under the summer sun, fresh air & freedom of tropical coconut trees rustling above me I was enchanted with the idea of travelling to the islands. I explored the beaches & winding road to Port Douglas discovering a humble jetty with local fishing families & kayaker's embarking on their morning kayak to the very islands I have been itching to explore! Also I stumbled across Thala Beach National Park nestled high on a cliffside with breathtaking views leaving me craving a return trip!

If you sneak a peak on instagram and twitter, you will find my recent shots of Nomadic Nights last week overlooking the Islands! Definate nomadic adventure capturing the last ray of light and a trail of moonlight enticing me to find a boat to discover the magic of the calm sea. It was almost as if the Island spirits were inticing me!

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About nomadicnights


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.