Existing Member?

New times for travelers. There's a new life for you.

Prague

CZECH REPUBLIC | Wednesday, 30 April 2014 | Views [134] | Scholarship Entry

These last few days I decided not to delete them from memory , do everything possible to keep a mental picture, as complete as possible the memory of all that I have lived, felt and tasted in one of which, I'm almost convinced, is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

The starting point was a train ride through green landscapes and eating a cake that would never have known better. Like a postcard, a souvenir of the trip. I close my eyes and feel like I felt the first step on Old Town Square, or the moment when, after exiting the train, walked to find where I would spend the night. That does not appear on postcards. Photographs can not remember the weight of the case, the heat, or the desire to reach the comforting showers after long paths neighborhoods far from the center.

I'll always remember the feeling of walking through the center of the city and see the old trams that still circulate around and you will surely have witnessed the most recent history of a centuries-old capital. Because Prague's shows that behind all its beauty, its history hurts. Chapters of conquests, wars and unnecessary struggles that now contemplate an incessant coming and going of tourists who can only make look skyward to get sucked into every one of its buildings, churches and facades. The narrow streets make so you never have a complete picture but that also keeps its charm. Details are to be enjoyed in small doses, no glitz, beauty can hide in any alley.

Prague is crossed by a river, if you try, you can skirt . Or not, but I've never had very good guidance. Miss was undoubtedly one of the best things I did. Because I heard the music, I crossed bridges, saw centuries of history watching the evolution of a population trapped in a place where you can just let yourself go. Prague forces you to fall in love, you strong grabs your hand and takes away the fear. Hugs you and tells you to do it again. It tells you that you can get lost in the streets forever and yet you want to become a place to return to, in an embrace which finally breathe easy. Prague is what I lived there and I will always have in mind when they remember the sunset in the best light I've ever seen.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About nomadgeneration


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.