Existing Member?

Never a Stranger

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [203] | Scholarship Entry

-I was inspired to show Cairo through my "foreign local" eyes. Being of dual citizenship (France/USA) I'm fascinated by the lines where these definitions are blurred. I wanted the clip to be refreshing for those who know the culture yet transport those who've never witnessed the chaotic beauty of Egypt.

-I have a BFA in Directing fiction, but found in documentary an outlet to express the mind opening experiences I have back-packing around the world. To understand those I film I've learned Spanish and Arabic.
Divided between my auto-financed documentaries in Egypt and Colombia and working as a videographer and dialogue facilitator; my projects are fuelled by admiration for the subjects I film, as well as the loyal support of friends and family.

-Documentary teaches me to flow, listen and recognize beauty. More than an ambition, it's my path.
Though mostly behind the camera, I dream of presenting a travel series. I created a pilote for a production company in Madrid, but it was not picked up.
Receiving this scholarship would change my life, allowing me to learn from the experience of Trent O'Donnell, providing a rich opportunity for me to deeply develop myself in my life's passion.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About nomadelle


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.