Existing Member?

perceiving the world!

waking up!

GERMANY | Friday, 9 May 2014 | Views [129] | Scholarship Entry

I remember the very first day of my trip to Berlin. How excited I was. It was my first step to getting out of the borders of my country, starting to live in Europe, meeting with a brand new city. I always wanted to travel, see the world, meeting with new people and trying to understand them. However I didn't know that I was actually incredibly lucky that Berlin is my start. It was such a city with a crazy attitude, punk character, rebelliously beautifully extraordinary history. It was so obvious that Berlin was actually the capital of Europe with that strong expression. I just physically fell in love with it.

I grew up with solid, absolute rules. One religion, few different points of views, culturally similar morals even though the city I was born in is Istanbul. Multi-cultural, very very large city. I was living inside of it. If you call it living. I was lost in routine, just spending days with obligations. I couldn't hear, see,touch, experience the beauty of this perfect city. I don't know if this is something you can learn, but the that 3 months in Berlin, crushed all of the massive walls surrounded me. My morals, judgements it took all of them. There was always something inside of the that craved with the desire to see the world, Berlin taught me the reason of it.

Know it’s a memory in my past. However it was a moment of clarity. Only thing we cannot run from is the change. That moment taught me that I should embrace, accept and adapt to it. Every journey, every destination, every people is a lesson to learn, to become more. Then, it became the goal of my life, my dream.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About nomad17_


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.