Existing Member?

Europe Trails From the hubbub of equidae-related somnality....somnombolism... late nights and early mornings the test of computer skills begins by learning how to create a journal that is entertaining yet..... not....

How time flies...

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 29 October 2007 | Views [254]

As can be discerned from the title of this latest update, was it really six days ago when I last blogged?  I must admit that finding Internet cafes is harder than I thought, especially if you don't have yourcomputer with you.  There have been plenty of RJ45 connecting ports but alas, no cable!  With only wi-fi to hand in my little iPod Touch it's been a rare occasion to connect and use that sweet, sweet machine.

Unfortunately I've watched al of the episodes of the third series of the West Wing and am now holding out for more upon my return.

I'm also looking forward to a) using an English based keyboard and b) dining without breathing in so much cigarette smoke.

Whilst Nice was quite pretty, waking up in the middle of the night struggling to breathe whilst feeling like I needed a fix was not very pleasant.

My pick of the time so far is definitely Monaco/Monte Carlo where I raised a glass to Bob C. whilst looking at Prince Alberts lodgings.  Not one to miss an opprtunity, there was temptation to call Westpac to extend my Visa limit to purchase one of the tidy little numbers tied up at one of the millionaire row berths.  Sigh, it was't to be, but maybe next time?

I've determined that the French one the whole are strange - reinforced by the dopey keyboard layout and the need to slowly kill off their young via slender paper tubes of expensive grass clippings.  It's all the rage, but not for much longer if they keep puffing at the rate they do.

Seen plenty more old stuff and some not so pleasant looking new stuff.  If it's one thing I've learned on my travels it's that as a whole we humans got lazy with the architecture. 

On the whole the trip has been fantastic with the meeting of and dining with Germans, Americans and English.  The American/Norwegian couple were fascinating with their more wordly view than the standard yankee offering. Although their comment about 'We have to get rid of Bush next time.' was a little disconcerting in that he can't run for office again...

Looing forward to stops in Bordeaux and Tours before winding up in Paris so hope all is well and the Gods are smiling upon you.  Or as typed on a French keyboard: Hope qll is zell qnd the Gods qre s,iling upon you:

Tags: On the Road

About noei_trekker


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.