Existing Member?

Traveling with child

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 17 March 2011 | Views [144] | Scholarship Entry

Passport, credit cards, and airline tickets. If I have all of these, I could go to any country. But now, there is one more unforgettable thing. My own child. My 2-year-old son.

When my son was seven months old, I absolutely had to go on a trip so I went to Bali in Indonesia with my son. When we journeyed alone, I only have a little baggage. This trip was different. I had various drugs for emergency, large amounts of disposable diapers, drink for my child, baby food, books and toys. Before I left, my suitcase was broken!

But there are many things to prepare even us. It was mostly helpful, kind people.

Since the restrain didn’t have a high chair, I was unable to eat. Then the waiter of the restrain said, "While you are eating, we'll take care of your baby". Then the waiter held my son and went inside into the kitchen. After I finished the meal, I went into the kitchen. a lot of waiters and waitresses were playing with my son with a smile.

Also, when I went to watch the Kecak Dance. In Japan, it is prohibited to watch the stage with children for other audiences. But in Ubud, behind the tourists, many local parents and children was watching the dance. When I see my son holding a "Here is children can be seen more," and even to guide us and in conspicuous places.

A lot of sellers had approached in the beach. And I thought of selling something was. But they said "My daughter is same months as your son" was talking, and stroking the son’s cheeks had gone.

When I travel with children, all of view was like different at all until I saw it. Also for the inconvenience, but sometimes tense, always deep, gentle world can appreciate. I knew that I can’t do anything only myself, and I realized that the kindness of others.

Travel accounted for a taste, I was overseas four times in the past two years, toured the country three times. First foreign language for my son was"Koppunkapu. It means “Thank you”in Thai.

As with the spread of my world, my son’s world is slowly spreading too.

Tags: #2011Writing, Travel Writing Scholarship 2011

About nobutaryoko


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.