Existing Member?

The Bomb Diggity No Mames Wey !!

So it begins . . .

MEXICO | Tuesday, 15 January 2008 | Views [483]

the view of the street - there are so many colors!

the view of the street - there are so many colors!

Solamente Felicidad . .

This places leaves me so speechless most of the time. Where do I begin? Ok so we got to Puebla on Friday the 11th. It was BEAUTIFUL. It has a colonial feel and look to it and the people are just unbelievable. Everyone has a boo and they are always smiling and seem to be as carefree as is humanly possible. I strive to be that way by the end of this trip. When we got here we had to take a bus from Mexico City into Puebla. The ride was beautiful. A lot of dried out land but there were mountains and volcanoes and the sun was just amazing. Anyways, we spent a few days hanging out with our Mexican friends. They took us around straight VIP style and it was so so fun. Our hotel ended up smelling like pee. It was bittersweet to move into the dorms at first because we really liked being in the heart of Puebla. Over the weekend we walked through the "zocalo" (town square) and it was out of a really trippy dream. There were balloons, candy, clowns, kids, and food everywhere and we were in absolute heaven. The school is about 10 or 12 minutes from there but its by a HUGEEEE mall and a costco and things of that sort.


The campus is gorgeous. It's all about the fresh air and has such a pretty courtyard where there are benches with outlets to plug in your computer. There is also free wireless everywhere so you can just hang outside and enjoy the weather. Speaking of which, we were walking around in summer/spring clothes while the Mexicans had on winter jackets and scarves. We get some weird looks when we are trying to lay out and they are shivering. We got to know the people in our group a little more today and started classes. I think I'll learn a lot of spanish while I'm here or at least I hope so. I end class at 12 on Wednesdays so that's pretty amazing. I think it's time for a siesta. I'm putting up pictures so keep checking for new ones!

Tags: Culture

About nishi36


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.