Existing Member?

ninad'sperception

Catching a Moment - On the way to Matheran

INDIA | Friday, 29 March 2013 | Views [227] | Scholarship Entry

There is a hill station called Matheran nearby Mumbai ,me and my family we visit this place ones in a year.We hadn't been there in monsoon so we decided to visit that place in monsoon .
To reach Matheran mini trains are ready to serve you but in monsoon due to extreme conditions are compelled to shut down.So in monsoon you have to hire a cab from nearest town ,Neral .
We hired a cab and started our journey.We left behind town and started chasing tress , hills and valleys .Hilly road from the Neral to Matheran is very curvey and zigzag ,having steep slope that we had to close our eyes and imagine about good things we did in life .Three small small railway stations Jumma patti , Waterpipe and Amanlodge are there between Matheran to Neral , these are only created to interlude railway engine , so no one stops there if they are travelling by road ,we stopped there to see vista .It was on adequate height ,cool breeze was sort of trailer to the main movie which is awaiting up there.
After reaching Aman lodge ,started walking towards main market , There are no tar road or vehicles in Matheran so you all you have to do is use your legs and walk .Horse ride and hand pulled rickshaws are available , but when you are with a group there is no fun compared to walking and hearing bird chirping ,sound of wind in valley and at the same time talking to your dear ones.
As we reached , Aman lodge we preferred to go by railway route and avoided another which went through jungle ,just to reach the destination as soon as possible . .
Walking through the track in drizzle gave a refreshing feeling .We saw monkeys around us, waiting to grab the food ,so we kept all the food items in bags ,let our hands enjoy freedom .As we moved forward we welcomed by fog , it was looking like nature wrapped up in fog waiting for us to discover.At one point of time fog was so dense that it was resembling the heaven shown in many Bollywood movies.None of us was talking ,all the people from group got mesmerized by the refined version of nature .
We were listening to the sound of silence .We in that beauty lost ourselves and became part of that lovely world.This was like dazzling montage created waiting us to explore and enjoy .
This was Catching moment which I will never forget.
People travel discover new places but in my case I mostly visit the places I visited before to rediscover .Rediscovering not only enhance our perception but also increase our ability to enjoy aesthetics of the place .

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About ninadkharkar


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.