Existing Member?

The Pin the Map Project--Colombia A collection of entries, photos and video from Colombia.

A Walk Through Cartagena's Mercado de Bazurto

COLOMBIA | Thursday, 23 July 2015 | Views [200] | Scholarship Entry

My name is Nikki and I'm a full time travel blogger and travel journalist with stories in VICE, FOOD & WINE, Roads & Kingdoms, The Daily Meal, and more. I graduated with a degree in journalism from the Ernie Pyle School of journalism at Indiana University in 2010 and have since been pouring my heart and soul into building up my travel writing and blogging career. On my blog, The Pin the Map Project, which was recently voted a top 100 blog to follow in 2015, I write about solo travel, food & drink, destination guides and more.

As a Colombian native (born in Bogota) I have always been fascinated by the culture of my country--particularly the cuisine-- and only in recent years have begun to spend time peeling back the many layers of Colombia's culinary fabric. One of my first travel assignments was with FOOD & WINE Magazine to write about the food scene in Cartagena and my most recent was with VICE Munchies to explore an off-the-beaten path market place in Cartagena where I learned about a food movement in Colombia happening right now. As I learned from local chefs, Colombia has always looked to other countries for its culinary inspiration--evident in the Italian, French and even Japanese food re-makes spotted around the country--but in recent years the country is embracing its food & I'd love to cover it!

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About nikkivargas


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.