Existing Member?

Niki Travels

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [82] | Scholarship Entry

Why would you want to hitch anyway when there’s a range of other methods of transportation? What a question!Daydreaming begins. The sensation of the burning sun or the subtle scent of fresh grass, a clean and cozy truck coupe or a car so fully packed you can hardly breathe, the unspeakable feelings that Kerouac’s masterpiece evokes. But before even opening my mouth to verbalize a word, I’m showered with assumptions ”It must be uncomfortable!Unsafe!” It takes some time and patient determination to try to explain that leaving one’s comfort can be somewhat invigorating than simply painful. The eyes opposite look rather unconvinced and I come up with a decision to improve my discussion skills.Hitchhiking has suffered discussions and opinions-the more the words, the less the meaning.Experience talks better.But oh, what an experience! As colorful as a rainbow and yet always alike! Recall a moment of those dusty memories!Exactly!The moment you were to make a decision!And there it comes:The Time of Choice. It’s like a borderline the rare moment when one leans from one stage not entirely convinced if they want to sustain the play on the other. At that hour I was pressed with expectations. My spirits were so low I had no clue of my desires and direction. I gradually started to conceive what I enjoy in its core rather than image. It happened so that hitching helped me pull my mind together.Besides my deeply emotional and rather ignorant appreciation of art,I gradually became aware of my interest in people. People of all formats in the most absurd and least structured of circumstances. Hitchhiking proved rather useful in this quest.It is as much about rediscovering yourself as it is about others.You can change a random man’s point of view,erase or create prejudice or alter your own mindset and see differently.The most that you can take from those encounters is to become aware that people of all colors and backgrounds are essentially alike in their kindness and human needs.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About nikiexperience


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.