Existing Member?

Life's Journey Having fun, exploring new places and cultures, volunteering, learning & reflecting.

Kuala Lumpur to Singapore

SINGAPORE | Monday, 16 April 2007 | Views [1480]

A Chinese temple in Singapore.

A Chinese temple in Singapore.

Laura writes:

We took a long distance bus from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore which took approximately five hours, but was very comfortable with reclining seats which were also very wide.

The passport checks on the border of Malaysia and Singapore were interesting, especially for Nigel who had not experienced a passport check outside of an airport until that point.

Once we arrived in Singapore, finding our accomodation for the night was challenging as we had to walk with our bakcpacks for 3 or 4 kilometres.

The people in the hostel we were staying in were a little stuffy compared to the other places we had stayed in Malaysia and Thailand, but at least we had a more comfortable and spacious room than in the dingy little backpackers we had stayed in previously.

We only had one night in Singapore, and even though our intention was to see some city sights, the next day, we ran out of time, as we had to shop around for a 3 band mobile phone and a memory card for dad's camera, oh well...!

Singapore was even more cosmopolitan and comercial compared to Malaysia. Also,to Nigel and I, it seemed people were not used to seeing backpackers, as on a couple of occasions, we encountered people who giggled as we went past them. Maybe it was because we were sweating like pigs and perhaps even smelled like them!

Tags: adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.