Existing Member?

Life's Journey Having fun, exploring new places and cultures, volunteering, learning & reflecting.

In the beginning

THAILAND | Thursday, 29 March 2007 | Views [710] | Comments [3]

Sunset over blue mountains

Sunset over blue mountains

The Lead up

Well after the usual hectic rush leading up to departure of trying to get much stuff done at home before leaving on a world trip, we finally departed Sydney for Bankok around 5pm on the 29th of March.

The Flight

The flight was fantastic... we had a great sunset that we were flying towards and saw lightning in the clouds later in the evening (from a comfortable distance!). Lights on the ground through the couds looked like stars in sky and later when the moon had risen, the clouds blanketed beneath us and reflected the silvery moon light. Just magic. It reminded me of skiing at night under moon light around Broken Dam hut in the Snowy Mountains - very serene, very peaceful!

Only problem with the trip was just as I started drifting off I tried to make myself more comfortable and then couldn't get back to sleep. Wasn't too bad though, just entertained myself with the state of the art in flight entertainment system. Around 20 or 30 recent DVD releases, CD's of all kinds, games... think you get the idea...

Bankok

Bankok airport was very easy to get through - customs, pick up luggage etc, getting close to the front - confronting. People wanting to take you in their own cab etc. Finally got to our destination and had a good sleep.

Have been to Ayutthaya (2 Hours north by train), and back; to go to Phucket by plane tomorrow and intend to upload some pics sometime soon of our travels.

Tags: adventures

Comments

1

Gday from the GC.

I notice that there are no photos with you and Laura in 'em,... your downloading these and are shacked up in Brissie aren't you ?

Glad to see all is going well, please keep posting as I am enjoying the virtual holiday.

Be safe and well, my friend.
Mick

  Mick Cross Apr 11, 2007 2:04 PM

2

Hello from Jess and Melissa hope ur havin a great time on ur trip. Hope to see u soon we miss u. Love the pics esspecially the sunsets and the beaches in Phuket. Cya next year. Have great Chrissy.
From Jess and Melissa ur nieces!!!!!

  Jessica + Melissa Bushell Nov 22, 2007 4:53 PM

3

Love this pic its soooo beautiful. I hope i get to travel around the world especially to africa!!:)lol(: Miss ya heaps Jessica.

  Jessica Bushell ur niece Nov 22, 2007 4:57 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.