Existing Member?

My First Trip on a Cruise

Four Day Voyage

US VIRGIN ISLANDS | Monday, 12 May 2014 | Views [89] | Scholarship Entry

This story is about the first time I went on a cruise ship. It was a very interesting experience. At night the ship had an acrobatics performance and a magic show but it's a shame that I missed them because I was feeling too nauseous and had to stay in our cabin. It was also the first time that I got to experience a semi-formal dinner which I barely enjoyed because I could not stay awake. I should have gotten a non-drowsy nausea medicine. However I did get to enjoy a few hot tubs, a pool, unlimited ice cream and a lunch buffet with lots of spaghetti and pizza. That's heaven for a ten year old. The ship stopped at the islands of St. Thomas and St. Martin. They were both beautiful islands with green trees, white sand beaches and clean, blue water. My mother always collects a little something to remind her of the trip. She bought me an adorable little outfit from a local store in St. Thomas to wear at the beach but sadly I outgrew it. I collected a lot of shells from both islands as souvenirs and before getting off the cruse ship I collected a few pillow chocolates and some food from the buffet, also as souvenirs. They only lasted the ride home but they were delicious. Overall it was a very enjoyable four day trip. It involved things I enjoy the most like shopping, eating, going to the beach and collecting.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About nicole_m


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about US Virgin Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.