Existing Member?

Once Upon a Time in Pai

Where it All Began

USA | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [513] | Scholarship Entry

Have you ever felt like you knew you shouldn’t be doing something, but you did it anyway? It didn’t feel right in your heart but your mind told a different story? This is how I feel about my chosen career path. After high school I rushed into doing a degree in order to make others feel comfortable about what they perceive as my success. It wasn’t what I was passionate about but
I felt I had to do it for others. I am now at the end of my degree but I know where my heart belongs and I am ready to follow it. My heart belongs in travelling the world, and finding a story. I love making films and documentaries because I feel that the right shot with the right story and the right music can capture exactly how you feel, more so than a picture ever could. This year alone I have traveled through 20 countries solo and I won’t stop there. I have never been to the continent of South America and I am intrigued by the culture there and the stories it holds. I believe with the right mentoring I can actually make it in the industry. I hope you can see from my video that I have a wild heart. I know how to find a story and immerse myself in a culture, I just need more practice and knowledge about camera work and getting the right shots. To be chosen would mean that I would be creating a platform for myself to develop a passion, a talent and a dream.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About nicolawing


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.