Existing Member?

Wanderings

7th Dec: Musée d'Orsay and Maltesers

FRANCE | Friday, 7 December 2007 | Views [1104] | Comments [1]

me and my jacket!

me and my jacket!

ciao!

this morning i got up, got dressed, put my contacts in, and ended up wearing my red coat to breakfast (we have to walk outside to get to the breakfast room). Ana: "wow nicola is that a new coat?" Why yes, ana, it is, and now that you mentioned it... ;)

Sylvia spent quite a lot of time ranting about how good the coat is. Come on people - it's a new coat! can't i just look hot in it without everyone talking about how it's new, where i got it, and how much it cost?

blah. Anyway, we went to le Musée d'Orsay.

i actually wrote down the painting we saw today to give you guys a comprehensive list. One second and i'll find it...

  1. la chambre d'entrée
  2. Les Glaneuses
  3. La Naissance de la Venus
  4. Les Romains de la Décadence (Couture)
  5. Le Dejeuner sur l'herbe (manet)
  6. Femmes en jardin (monet)
  7. La pie (Monet)
  8. Un atelier aux batignolles (Henri Fantin-Latour)
  9. La Classe de Dance (Degas)
  10. Repition d'un Ballet sur la scene (Degas)
  11. Régates a Argenteuil (monet)
  12. Le bassin aux nymphéas (Monet)
  13. Meulos, fin de l'été (MOney)
  14. Raboteurs de Parquets (Caillebotte)

And some other more famous ones. The ones at the start we sat down and the lady told us a lot of detail about. Towards the end less and less detail was given. Compared to our typical morning here where the hours drag out, it's cold, we're forced to stand in the rain etc it was quite a nice morning. Ana "got lost" near the end - aka she left and went to la gare de Lyon - and i had coffee with Jen, Gemma, Sarah & Jessye, then went home and bought some water and came online. it's very nice to sit in your room and just get through some things.

I'm going to send some of my textbooks home. It'll cost money, but then at the same time i'd rather it cost me 10 euro now than 100 euro when i go over my baggage limit. true, non?

I am really really missing my epilair "vang" machine, and also my pluckers. I really don't know the proper names for these things.

This morning in the musée my contact was really irritated, and then though i took it out and turned it over and put it back in and it felt fine, once i got home i took them both out and my eyes still felt irritated, i took off all of my eye makeup and they still feel irritated. Hmmm not enough sleep.

I only have 20 euro left out of the 400 i put on my card. In my defense, only 100 of the money spent went on food - the rest is on books i have bought at some places we've gone to (in french, mais bien sur).

I uploaded more money onto my card. Part of me is looking forward to coming back when i'm working 3 full 9am to 5pm days a week PLUS coles shifts... lotsa money! although i'm concerned i will be absolutely exhausted... might take a week or two off at the end of the holidays to rest.

What is up with everyone? Kinda missing home in that i know you're all going out without me! xx

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

Congrats on Uni results. Mum said you did really well. Tom got his results but his Uni only gives A and B so he got 2As and 2Bs this semester which I imagine is in the Distinction and Credit parlance of Melb Uni. For someone who is feeling lazy, you are still doing an amazing amount. Love the coats, they are definitely much warmer than ours. Will they be too thick for Melb?? Who cares, you can still wear them anyway. Gus also says he is sick of walking everywhere.
Take care, Bisous.

  aunty j Dec 8, 2007 4:34 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.