Existing Member?

Nicola and Liams Adventure

Day 85

THAILAND | Tuesday, 11 December 2012 | Views [143]

 

Another travel day today, always slightly dreaded due to having to lug the big bags around and it always results in us being so so sweaty and tired! We got picked up by our little mini van and proceeded to pick up a bunch of other people and then travel to another place. We all unloaded our bags, got our stickers for wherever we were going and waited for the next stage to begin.
Another mini van arrived and we piled in, what a bloody palaver again. Hardly any room at all, all our bags piled high and shoved anywhere with a gap. All we have to do is remember Nepali transport though and we're singing and dancing...nothing can be worse than that! It was clear most people in the van had not been to Nepal though and I think they were having a it of a hard time! After about 3 hours and a ferry crossing we finally arrived at our new home for the next few days.
Seems like a nice place, it's kind of open on the bottom floor, all the walls are glass and its like a cafe. The room is a nice big size with a lovely queen sized bed and ensuite. Staying here more than 3 days so first thing I did was unpack my bag!
We decided maybe this is the place to do a PADI scuba course due to hearing good things about the waters so we went down and arranged for the local scuba school to come have a chat with us. After signing all the paperwork to say if we die its not their fault we were ready to begin tomorrow!

After settling in we went for a wander to the beach which is a 2 minute walk and wandered across it for half an hour or so. What a lovely place, again. The beach goes for ages, the sea is even warmer and there are loads and loads of little beachside bars and restaurants. They're all just wooden and bamboo huts I suppose, some with tables some with cushions to just sit on a little platform. We won't be enjoying them for a couple of days with the course taking up our time but we are booking one extra day to give us a day to relax on the beach.

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.