Existing Member?

Nicola and Liams Adventure

Day 5 Jaipur to Agra

INDIA | Saturday, 22 September 2012 | Views [351]

Forgive me if this is maybe a little short but I'm very tired today and it's my bed time!

Again Liam spoke in his sleep lastnight, he's scaring the life out of me because it's an unusual place to be woken up in as it is. I caught him trying to get out of bed in the middle of the night, I asked what he was doing and he said 'oh...I dont know...I thought I was somebody from the last airbender film' then got back into bed and proceeded to tell me to old onto his arm to make sure he didn't get up. Later in the night I went to get up to go to the toilet and he grabbed my arm very urgently whispering 'be careful, there are people everywhere'....well I suppose we're in India so that's kind of true but it's still scary at night!! He doesn't remember any of it haha.

Woke up this morning to the sound of that bloody music boy playing to some poor soul who had gone out for breakfast. Was enough to make us question if we really wanted breakfast or not?? We did go though. When we sat down, he wasn't there, our lucky day we thought! This was short lived though as he strolled round the corner and proceeded to play the same.song.again. And again and again. Authentic India but more than a little out of tune. 

Anyway today we drove to Agra. We stopped at a stall on the way and had something similar to a pokora but not, it was a bit spicy but nice. It's apparently a Rajasthani breakfast item and they have it a lot hotter than we had it.

We stopped at a service station half way, a lot of tourists were there. It was nice to see that everybody is harassed for tips and seeing how they cope! Made us laugh when an Irish guy went to the stall where some western food was eg Pringles, Oreos etc. when he asked how much the Pringles were and the reply was something close to £4 for a tube he laughed and exclaimed 'f*** THAT' and walked away...well that'some way of dealing with it!

Before we got to Agra we stopped off at a place called fatehpur Sikri, otherwise known as the abandoned city or ghost city. It was built in 1500 by a mughal king. It really is magnificent, it's built from sandstone and is all symmetrical unlike anything we've seen so far. The palace is massive, he had 3 wives all with their own houses plus around 300 concubines! You should see his bed! It's about 2m off the floor, massive and all made of stone...why stone? So it didn't break under the weight of him and his many many concubines he had all at once every night! They were chosen through a game. There is a big stone chair in the middle of the courtyard where he would sit, and in the stone is an almost hopscotch looking pattern...the girls to reach the chair first would win a place with him and the 15 or so other girls for the night. The one wife that gave him a son had her very own section about 10 times bigger than the wives who didn't. 

We then went to the hotel despite the guide trying to make us go for a massage. Im so glad we did! You will know why from my fb page. It's wonderful :) 

Going to taj mahal at 5.45am to see it at sunrise so I'm off to bed now, updates tomorrow x

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.