Existing Member?

Nicola and Liams Adventure

Day 280

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 26 August 2013 | Views [241]


Tuesday 30th July
The first thing I said when I woke up in the morning was good morning to my fiancé, which sounded very very strange and not real at all.
Despite the plan to be up and out early it didn't happen and we weren't out until about 9.15. We then did a small shop to get breakfast, picnic lunch and tea for later, then had to do a bunch of things like go to the bank and stuff so after all of it was done it was about 11.30 by the time we left cairns in the car. It was unfortunate because we had to have it back by 4.30 but we still had a nice day.


The drive was beautiful with all of the beaches. We drove to somewhere called Mossman gorge, which is an area of rain forest with some walking tracks through. It was so beatified I wish we could have spent longer there but an hour was better than nothing. It was totally different to the forests we've just come from in New Zealand, it was warm and quiet with strange looking plants yet oddly familiar at the same time. I can't really explain it. We walked the tracks and watched as some people were swimming in the natural pools before having to leave so we had time to get the car back. It would have been wonderful to have gone on an aboriginal tour of the forest, maybe next time?
We stopped off at a beach on the way back to cairns for 20 minutes with our picnic food, it was so relaxing we could have stayed there for much longer than what we had time for!
After sadly dropping the car off we had to do a couple more things in town before we caught the bus back to the hotel. We then spent the evening packing up, doing some washing and sorting things for the long flight. I got locked outside at one point and whilst waiting for Liam to make his way down a baby stalk came right up to me which was so good to see and finished the night of nicely. I wondered if maybe now I was engaged it was a stalk bringing me a baby but it wasn't to be.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.