Existing Member?

Nicky's travels Living the dream!

Ready… steady….

THAILAND | Sunday, 15 June 2014 | Views [199]

So, planning my second ever major backpack (the first being my trip across to Thailand from Kenya, and subsequently getting a job here).  it's been very difficult to decide where to go to in the forthcoming 7 weeks holiday (the major plus of being an international teacher!!):  Phillipines, Indonesia, Borneo, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia... trekking, orangutans, diving, sightseeing, cycle trips... the options are endless and so very easily achieved from Bangkok.  But when I stopped and really thought about what I'd like to do, one country kept 'beckoning' me - Cambodia.  Abhored by the atrocities of the Killing Fields, fascinated by the rich history of Siem Reap, a country apparently that is easy (and cheap) to travel around - so the majority of my time therefore will be spent there. 

 

But before I reach there, a treat - diving in Sipidan for a week (one of the top, top dive destinations in the world).  Now just 5 more working days to the off - rucksack out and dusted, won't be taking all my dive gear as going straight on into Cambodia from Borneo, and maybe, just maybe I'll fit in time to see some orangutans if I'm on land for long enough.  

 

And this journal, is as much for me as any other who might want to read it - importantly, I wanted to pracise using it ahead of the big big big big trip of my year - to Antarctica, fulfulling a life time dream to see penguins, in particular, in their natural icy environment.  

 

About nickywilliams2014


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.