Existing Member?

The Secrets of the Hundred Islands

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 13 October 2012 | Views [458] | Scholarship Entry

- Philippines, being an archipelago, has many unexplored islands. Each island has its own legend passed down from one generation of a local to another. The Hundred islands is an explorer's haven with its 124 islands in low tide and 123 in high tide. A whole day is not enough to visit the islands, its caves, and enjoy in its pristine and cold waters. But the scenic views are not the sole treasure of the islands but rather the locals, their culture and stories they tell.
- Filming for travel videos are both new to us. Nica is currently working as a correspondent in a local community television outfit. While, Ralph a hobbyist in film and digital photography. Both never had formal schooling in film making.
- We are always clear in our goal in every video we do- that is communicate and to to teach. We hope that in our simple ways, we can influence people to appreciate the world so everyone could fulfill their stewardship role.
Winning this scholarship take us steps closer to that goal. We aim to cascade the knowledge we will gain to those who share our advocacy.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About nica


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.