Existing Member?

My travels

New Zealand!!

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 3 May 2010 | Views [456]

So I'm currently in New Zealand and have been here for about a week and a half in the South island where it is cold and wet but incredibly beautiful.

We are on the kiwi experience here which means you jump on a bus with the same people for days on end and get dropped off in random places and sent for walks (basically like a school trip!). So far we've visited the famous glaciers in franz josef and done a glacier walk which was brilliant fun - walking on the ice is a very weird feeling! We're currently in queenstown - the capital of all extreme sports and I have just done the world's biggest swing which is a 70M freefall drop then the cord drags you out and you swing across the canyon -- it was amazing!

We've also done a day trip to Milford Sounds to visit the famous fiords which may be classed as one of the 8th natural wonders of the world next year so as you can imagine it was an awesome sight -- we also got dolphins swimming next to our boat for a bit aswell!

Soon we'll be heading for the north island and taupo where i will be doing a bungee and skydive - eeeeeekkk

About nic_jones_


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.