Existing Member?

something about me

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 22 April 2012 | Views [141] | Scholarship Entry

“Hello! My friend said me that three girls will be in Odessa tonight and I can show our city, but… wait…they looks like the Charlie's Angels, don`t you?”

Yes I remember it very well. This meeting happened in Odessa in a port-city of West Ukraine. This Pearl of the Black Sea attracted a lot of people. By its location it could be named as an entrepot, which connect steppes of the Crimea and West architecture region conquered by this nation many years ago. In that place are living unfinished stories about West and East Ukraine. What are they thinking about each other and about big brother Russia?

The man whom we met in that evening was Vova Lensky. When in Russia you head this surname you involuntarily start thinking about A. Pushkin and one of his epic hero. But no. It was another one Lensky. This man was tall, tanned, bald and with a friendly smile. That evening we spend in a former catacomb, now rebuilt in a cozy café-bar. In a company we were spoken all night about such things like a theory of fractals, Dostoevsky or cinema of the Second World War and politic. However after many stories told by our new friends, it was clear that Odessa has all. No, it will be better to say that such small city could contain necessary and sufficient inside. It was sufficient and necessary for me. Here you can see narrow streets, sea, ordinary city stories and traffic congestion in the city center every working day.

This meeting gave me a possibility to feel, when you are in the right place in the right time. When all what you need is being relaxed, switch all unnecessary staff off and feel a character of the city.

Two days later three friends left Odessa with a goal to proceed backpacking through West Ukraine. One of them was me. Actually we could be called heroes of that film, because we were there girls, where one was blonde, one curly redhead and one with Asia character. This is a diversity of Russia.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About nenasvanna


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.