Existing Member?

On The Move What's 'appenin on the other side of the world!!

Lions Match 1

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 25 June 2005 | Views [854]

Well all,
               How's everone up there in the nothern hemisphere!!   
 
                      So now I'm in Christchurch, and by Christ, it's cold!! Got here last night after leaving the slopes of Mt. Hutt after 3 days snowboarding. Had some laugh doin it, but really frustrating at times too. One minute I'd be flying down the slope, the next, I'd totally forget how to snowboard and fall the rest of the way down, sometimes on my ass, others on my shoulders and others on every bone in my body. I could bearly move last night, it took my about 5 minutes to even get my jacket off!!! But all in the name of gettin some clean runs on fresh powder, dude!! You could get up to the very peak of the mountain too. On the slopes side of the mountain was flat, flat fields all the way to the sea, but turn around and..................well, I won't even try, you'll just have to wait for the pictures!!! 
 
                        The city is goin nuts over here today, the first Lions v All Blacks match!! So, I'm off to sample the delights of Christchurch and it's rugby mad locals (+ 35,000 Lions fans). Bit of breakfast, then I gotta catch some of the Bros for a few handles, choice!!! 
 
                        Just a short one today...till the next installment...Nxxx

Tags: Adventures

About neill


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.