Existing Member?

Nina goes travelling...

Immaculate Singapore!

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 1 April 2009 | Views [317]

So I took a flight from Siem Reap to Singapore the next day. A not so nice morning I have to admit. I arrived at the airport in Cambodia to find out I had been scammed in Vietnam where I had bought my ticket and the extra $25 I had paid for departure tax wasnt included and I had to pay it again. Anyway I landed in Sinapore and took the MRT to my hostel which I then found out was on the edge of a red light district (it was safe before you start to worry). The landlady however was very strange! So many notes all over the place with instructions such as no noise after 11 pm, lights out after 11pm, no drinking water out of the bottle else there will be a $100 fine?! I spent most of the 2 days walking around the city enjoying being in civilisation, a place where people follow instructions on crossing roads for the fear of being fined... a complete contrast to everywhere else... huge shopping malls everywhere. It seems as though these people have a lot of time and money to shop shop and shop.

About nchande


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.