Existing Member?

Lovely Bolivia

Bolivia by Highway

BOLIVIA | Sunday, 24 May 2015 | Views [174] | Scholarship Entry

Potosi:City well known for its colonial construction and mines, visiting one of these is part of the “social action” that tourism portrays to the tourist by showing the hard labor the miners encounter by utilizing techniques from decades ago. I signed up for the plan that starts in a stop at the miner’s town where you can buy a few presents for the miners (cigarettes,pure alcohol) then you enter the mine and go through different spaces where the temperature varies. It catches your attention the creation of altars dedicated to tio, in other words, the devil. Popular believes talk about its powers and his invention by settlers as a terror strategy to make the indians work.The Salar of Uyuni represents nature’s majesty distributed in various landscapes. In general, the trip lasts three days and it includes food and bed. On the first day you will meet the train cemetery, the process of salt extraction in the Salar of Colchani, and the hexagons that form in the surface of the salt. In my case, it rained but it helped me to observe how the sky reflects on the ground producing a sensation or unity. You needs to keep in mind that weather plays a major role in visiting this part of the salar along with La isla del Pescado. The second day you go through four of five lagoons where colors, flamingos, camelids, and other species coexist. The rock tree and other igneous formations and the desert of Dali. The third day you need to get up early to see the geysers in full activity, followed by a thermal bath and a stop in the green lagoon.The end of my journey starts at the border of Chile with Bolivia where there is an abandoned bus very similar to the one in the movie Into the Wild. Budget: $700 U.S dollars. Recommendations:Go to markets to eat is an economical and good option to get to know the culinary culture,Travel in the last route of the bus for long trips to save money on hostels and arrive to your destination first thing in the morning,If traveling alone, try to make friends on the trip to bring down cost,exchange experiences,throw parties and plan together,Be alert in every place since it is easy to recognize backpackers or tourist which makes it notable to robbers,Avoid taking pictures of someone without their permission, they could get offended/upset or ask you for a payment and Open your mind and go with the flow.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About nathygomezz-123


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.