Existing Member?

Following the drum Natalie´s feet have always been itchy. She is verbose and her memory is bad. These are stories about her latest travels, often about non events and almost always in far too much detail.

Small victories

VENEZUELA | Tuesday, 25 September 2007 | Views [545]

Only a couple of days in- barely 48 hours since we arrived and a slightly worrying feeling of comfort is creeping in. Of course the rug will be whipped from under my feet at the end of the week, but until then, it's still fairly effortless. Little wanderings into the street- a couple of circuits of a market by Chacaito stationery, sitting outside in the street at lunchtime already makes me feel distinctly less uncomfortable than I thought it might. And each of these has been a small victory. Yes, they're baby steps, but they're good enough for me, for the moment.

So, last night after finishing our 1st day at BC we headed back to the hotel where Esther and I holed up in our room and chatted and watched music videos and bad TV, giggling away before meeting the others to head to San Ignacio. There we found a cafe bar where we ordered dinner and were joined by Riagnnach whose cousin Guillermo and his girlfriend, Adriana had taken her for dinner. Dinner was uneventful, until the bill came- the long drawn out process of sorting the bill was another of our small victories. Yes, it was complicated and took far too long, but there were 8 of us and none of us understood the currency, the tax or the format of the bill. So good ol' Bex and her trusty calculator sorted us out and soon enough we were in taxis home, ready for bed and another day of firsts.

Tags: Work

About natalieraeched


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Venezuela

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.