Existing Member?

Romanians in Spain: Villanueva de Los Infantes

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 16 June 2011 | Views [700] | Comments [5] | Scholarship Entry

¨You should come,¨ Gheorghe said. ¨Come and see what it's like, how we work. If you’re good, well, maybe I’ll buy you a coke at the end of the day,¨ he joked.

I accepted.

The experiences of Romanian workers in Spain inspired this video. Gheorghe, Mihai and Costel allowed me into 'their' Spain for three days, a humbling experience which taught me about the courage, determination and strength of character of these young men and so many like them who leave their homes in search of opportunities.

I am currently immersing myself in the world of documentary making and producing. I have so much to learn and this scholarship is my chance to be guided by one of the greats in this genre. I am ready to work hard and learn the skills I need to produce quality and insightful documentaries that that open people up to a wider understanding of our human experience.

I have basic equipment (no HD here, folks!), my laptop and big dreams. It’s my passion and my inspiration to go further into documentary making, and I know that expressing my creativity and curiosity through film is my purpose.

Tags: #2011video, travel documentary scholarship 2011

Comments

1

Such an inspiring video, terrific work!

  Anita Bath Jun 17, 2011 7:37 PM

2

Thank you, Anita!

  natalieolympia Jun 17, 2011 8:35 PM

3

muy muy muy bien...un trabajo bueno!

  gheorghe ursu Jun 18, 2011 4:57 AM

4

muy muy muy bien...un trabajo bueno!

  gheorghe ursu Jun 18, 2011 4:57 AM

5

Great job Natalie! And for my cousin, bravo Ghita, sunt mandra de tine!

  Alina Voinescu Nov 7, 2011 3:22 PM

About natalieolympia


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.