Existing Member?

Nickel Town - A glimpse of life in the middle of the Indonesian jungle

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 16 June 2011 | Views [180] | Scholarship Entry

I have been budget travelling before, but my trip to Sorowako, Indonesia was the first time I had not been alone - I went with 9 members of my family. But the independent traveller in me meant I couldn't just sit back and wait for trips to be organised - with the help of my Aunt Rinta, I shot hours of footage. This 3 minute film is just a small part of it.

I want to go back to Indonesia with a professional camera and do some "proper" filming (with mics and tripods etc) I want to make documentaries around the world about environmental and social issues, but with people and communities at the heart. Right now I am trying to raise money to do this while I make shorts to enter into film and documentary festivals.

One thing I really need is a kick start - a film that will get me that crucial first credit which I can build on to work my way up to making feature and television documentaries. Winning this scholarship would be a great opportunity to work on professional camera and directing skills, making the next step up from being an amateur.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About nataliegarwin


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.