Existing Member?

Where are we now - The photo's tell the story An update on the where-abouts of Nat & Chris' epic RTW journey.

On the Set 21/03

USA | Friday, 23 March 2007 | Views [459]

Got up at Sparrow's fart to catch a cab to the set of Semi-Pro (Dodger Stadium, other side of town). Got to mingle (well not quite) with Woody Harrelson, Will Ferrell & Andre 3000. Was a good experience to be part of the movie (unfortunately we have no photos as we were not allowed to take camera, however you might be able to see us when it comes out!)

Caught a bus (which is unheard of in this city) through the Hispanic areas. We were the only Whities on all 3 buses we had to catch. Managed to get back to West hollywood without missing our stop, or being robbed (poor June couldn't keep his eyes open and kept waking himself up with the odd "sleep nod" (come on we've all done it).

After another afternoon nap (Old man June was struggling). We trekked for miles trying to find the famous Viper room...a lot further than the lonely planet suggested. Cabbed it to H/wood walk of fame (see pics). Saw what there was to see except the damn Hollywood Sign..of course the night we were there, they didn't put the bloody lights on!

By 11pm we were a tad hungry and most things were closing. We passed good 'ol Hooters and Nat suggested "why not" (you should have seen Junior's eyes light up, he suddenly came to life). What an experience! Not as attractive as you would think for Hooter's girls (think Salisbury young mum's) but at least they put on a show. Junior now has his own Hooter's girl (see pics). Junior's Aussie Zoo shirt is one for one, worn it once and been asked if he knows Steve (Yep he did this time).

Tags: Sightseeing

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.