Existing Member?

Beautiful British Columbia read it and weep!

Day 11- Whistler!

CANADA | Monday, 22 August 2011 | Views [336]

We had to wake up at about 7am this morning, to enable us to get our 9am ferry, it was hard getting out of our queen beds, but we managed it! On the ferry we didn't go outside, because we purely couldn't be bothered, we just sat inside and read magazines etc. We saw a few things on the ferry, the captain made an announcement about 10 minutes before we reached Vancouver that a 50ft yacht was coming towards us, that was quite exciting, then not long after we saw 2 porpoise jumping around right next to the ferry, at first we thought they were dolphins! After arriving at Vancouver the journey to Whistler along the Sea to Sky highway took about 2 hours, along the way we stopped off at Starbucks and Sub Way to grab a quick coffee and a sandwich before continuing on with our journey. When we finally arrived at Whistler village (it wasn't a very exciting journey except the views were quite nice) we were a bit too early to go to our house, so we went into the 'village' (as they like to call it) itself. After looking around for a bit we found the number one in the world down hill mountain bike centre(it wasn't too hard to find)! We went to book our courses, Daniel is doing 2 full days (get in!) and me and dad are doing a half day, i'm really looking forward to it! I've been before, but only doing the really easy trails in France last year. After we booked these, we went to a bar to watch the end of some of the trails whilst enjoying a nice drink aaaah :) and once we had finished, we went to get some food for a bbq tonight, then headed towards our house! When we got here, we had to wait for another car to enter the barrier so we could go in after, as we didn't have a key, then we drove down to our house, it is so nice! We have our own jacuzzi, a canoe, and our own little board walk into the lake at the bottom! The only downer is that there is a bear warning- again! And this time one has been spotted...argh, and right now i'm sitting outside, and we're in a forest! I've just come back in from a swim in the lovely lake! Daniel went in the canoe (whimp) whilst me and dad dived in, and swam to the diving board near to the middle of the lake, it wasn't even cold, it was lovely! We dived in a few times, and had a bit of a laugh, before diving in again one final time, then swimming back to our jetty. It was amazing seriously! We are just about to have a bbq now, and i'm ready for it! Dan is out on his skate board, and has just spotted a snake...it's like a zoo out here! And then, after dinner, we're going in the jacuzzi. What a brilliant day!

 

About nat2012

and again from a different angle

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.