Existing Member?

Beautiful British Columbia read it and weep!

Day 5- First day in Tofino

CANADA | Thursday, 18 August 2011 | Views [370]

On Monday, (15/8/11), was the day we drove to Tofino. My dad and brother left the apartment at 7am so they could go and pick up our rental car, for the rest of our trip around British Columbia. They got the sky train to Vancouver airport and picked up the Ford Edge from there. Whilst, they were there me and mum had packed up all the stuff, all ready for when they got back so we could leave straight away.

The drive to the ferry only took around half an hour, so it wasn’t too bad, however, on the way there we took a wrong turning and ended up at the foot passengers entrance, so we went round to the vehicle one, and queued from there. When we finally got onto the ferry, the journey across the Pacific Ocean took around an hour and a half, but with the stunning views around us, the time flew by! We stood on the very top deck, and went to the very front of the ferry, and it was so windy, even though it was so warm we had to put jumpers on, and my hair was going all over the place!

Once we got off the ferry the drive to Tofino took around 3 hours, on the way there we drove through the Pacific Rim National Park, there was loads of tsunami warning signs here, and evacuation routes!

When we finally got to where we are staying in Tofino, we all stood at the window for ages, taking in the stunning view of the Pacific Ocean right at our back door! We also have steps down to the beach, but it isn’t really a beach down there, just a few rocks then the sea. For tea we had a barbecue, it was nice, but we had to make sure we cleaned it very well afterwards, to avoid bears being at our doorstep! We also can’t put rubbish in the bins outside, because of this. At around 8pm after tea we went to the beach, which is about a 5 minute walk through the rain forrest, just across the road from us, it wasn’t very busy, but there were a few people there. We went at a perfect time, because the sun was just setting, and it looked absolutely beautiful, with all the pinky yellow colours in it, it really is something special!

 

About nat2012

and again from a different angle

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.