Existing Member?

Beautiful British Columbia read it and weep!

Day 3

CANADA | Saturday, 13 August 2011 | Views [315]

Well, after being so tired after yesterday, who would of thought that I would of woke up at 3 after just 6 hours sleep! So, that's how my day's started, waking up at 3 and coming into the living room to watch a bit of Canadian TV, not that anything was on, so I was left watching the security camera's from the entrances to the apartments, interesting!

At about 8am, once everyone else had woken up, we had a true Canadian breakfast- pancakes and Maple Syrup, yum! Then, when everyone was ready we headed out to Waterfront station, to get the sea bus over to Lonsdale Quay. The sea bus was very, very big, with loads of seats, but so many people wanted to get on some had to stand up! The journey took about 10 minutes, it was nice though, with the views looking back along the city. Once we got off the sea bus, we then got onto a normal bus, number 229, to Lynn Canyon Park, a lovely park with a suspension bridge, 50 metres above a beautiful canyon with raging waterfalls and deep pools. First we went on a short walk to see The Twin Falls (two waterfalls.) Then, we grabbed a bite to eat, before heading off to the 30 Foot Pool, where we saw a number of people jumping off high rocks into the deep waters, which was very entertaining, before heading back to  North Vancouver (Lonsdale Quay.)

When we got back to North Vancouver, we browsed round a number of stalls in the farmers market, before buying a strawberry lemonade, and catching the sea bus back to Vancouver city. On route back to the apartment we nipped into the Pacific Shopping Centre, to have a quick look around, and grab a few bargains in the Hollister sale!!

Went out to China Town last night and passed through Viva Vancouver on the way, there was a free band playing with a brilliant atmosphere, and also a karaoke section, very entertaining! China Town was interesting, there was a lovely little chinese market, and a man on a stage singing some songs which was fun to watch. Everyone had told us, you will be fine as long as you don't go any further than China Town, so, we went further through to Gas Town (the older town). On our way through we saw someone who had been hit by a car being taken to hospital, millions of beggars, druggies, you name it, they were there! Well, at least we can say we've done it now! Gas Town was nice, with a few old shops and restaurants. There is also a clock there, that is really cool, it spurts gas out of the top and whistles for the chimes, it's really magical, I'll put a picture on of it, it's worth taking a look!

 

About nat2012

and again from a different angle

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.