Existing Member?

My tree planting trip

My tree planting trip

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 17 October 2010 | Views [314]

The 22nd of August is a memorable and productive Sunday which has been listed in my memory. Every time I turn on my laptop and searching for photo folders, a folder which was numbered with a set of date 22nd August 2010 always reminds me a lot about what I did on that day. As I clearly remember at that time I went to a tree planting with hundreds of participants in Kom Pong Cham province.

The journey started in the early morning at around 6. Many buses left Phnom Penh, which is beautiful and commercialized city of Cambodia, headed to Kom Pong Cham province.  As Cambodia is a developing country, many parts of remote areas are still not accessible. Therefore, our buses were difficult to reach the planting site which is located in the remote area. Because the buses were unable to get to the target, so all the tree planters were asked to leave the bus and started walking to the site. During the walk, the weather changed unpredictably from a sunny day to a rainy day, but still the participants kept hang their smile on faces and moving forward. Sharing the same feeling and enthusiasm, I kept moving and taking everything around me. Honesty speaking, I am not a professional photographer, but I do love taking, keeping and reading photos. Within one hour walk to the planting site, I could capture so many interesting and nice photos which contain the stories about lives of people in the area. Most of the photos are with the greenery of rice fields as well as the activities of Khmer farmers on their fields. The photos are not only interesting to me but they are also the lessons for me to learn on how tough in order to grow and produce rice. Moreover, I could also learn and realized how hard the farmers strike to survive as they were born such a less developed area. After the planting event as completely finished, I came back home a photos in my camera as well as the lessons in my head.

This Sunday will always be memorized.

About nakkido


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.