Existing Member?

Ignacio's Adventures

July 27 2009, Pre trip thoughts

USA | Monday, 27 July 2009 | Views [297]

In a couple of days, I am about to start a new adventure ever for me, CAMPING, driving my car from Florida to Virginia, it will be a 10 +- day trip depending on the experience. I am a newbie at this and at 46 years old hope my experience travelling will get me through this backcountry adventure.

I am almost ready, have bought all the suggested camping gear, and I really mean ALL THE SUGGESTED! Now I just have to figure out what to do whit it on my trip, and hope that it all pays off.

I have been thinking about this trip for a long time, but have always postponed it because of some lame excuse and instead have taken a more comfortable approach booking air ticket and hotels anywhere else... I got tired of waiting for the right guy to do this with so I am heading alone hoping to meet great people along the way.

It is worth mentioning that I have had a hell of a time trying to figure out where I really want to camp, and have found more information than anyone will ever need in a lifetime. So I decided to play it by ear after buying a few books and surfing the web and just drive on up to Virginia.

 

About nacho1963


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.