Existing Member?

my ever first

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

MALAYSIA | Friday, 25 February 2011 | Views [263] | Scholarship Entry

It was 3 years ago when I first travel on my own. My first destination was sabah. Which i can say it’s also the first flight in my life. I was only 20 years old. I always dreamed to travel and explore as much as I could. In all my life, I have so many “first time”. My first flight was from Kuala Lumpur to Sabah. For the first time I knew I have the ability to pray non-stop just because I was afraid of high.

At Sabah, I stayed at cheap hotel for the first time. I never knew that cheap hotel with promising service actually existed. It was so amazing. It changed my perception since then. There, a map was friend of mine. I walked as much as I possibly can. I was so extremely happy every time I managed to find the place that I was looking for. I felt free and satisfied. Few days later, I moved to Kundasang by van. It was lamed at first but minute later, I make friend with everyone. It was my first time laughing and singing with just anyone. At Kundasang, I was shocked when I have to stay at mix hostel because never in my life, I am in a room with just any guy. Then I got another first time when I make friend with my guy dorm-mate. He approached me and said that he thought maybe we can go to the base of Mount Kinabalu together because we both are traveling solo. With and open heart I agreed. All the way up, I was so tired and blindly trying to stop any car. Then a truck pickup stopped and it’s was our first hitch hiking experience. Since then I believe that the world is full of kind-hearted people. Then we were so obsessed with the idea and hitch hiked all the way to everyway. We hitch hiked a lorry, a bus even a motor cycle. And then we reached at Sandakan. We went to Orang Utan Sanctuary. Lucky for us, for the first time for the sanctuary, a giant male Orang Utan was coming from nowhere and conquered the sanctuary. He bullied other Orang Utan and nearly crashed a monkey with his hand. Everyone talked about it then. So did us. At Sandakan, we went to so many places and having a very good time.

Then, farewell time has arrived. I have to go back to Kota Kinabalu and he went to Tawau. We promised that we will always be friend and it happened until today. Before I flew back home, I stopped at my course-mate house and eat “ambuyat”. i got stomach ache and a beg full of amazing stories.

All and all, I enjoy my every “first time” and always looking for countless “first time” in the future. Hopefully I will. Actually I believe that I will always will.

Tags: #2011writing, travel writing scholarship 2011

About mystory


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.