Existing Member?

A historical knitting made of threads of mystery

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 18 April 2012 | Views [110] | Scholarship Entry

Like a time machine we'll go to the middle of the fifteenth century. Century in which the construction and architecture acquired a major development in the Viceroyalty of Peru.

“I’m Pachacutec, the first Inca emperor and I'm here to rule and survive in the history of mankind. One of my missions is to carry out expansion and build Tahuantinsuyo and Cusco".

With that air hardened and adventurer, Pachacutec began his mission, conquering territories with his golden rod, as if this golden rod would be wrapping to him.

"We need a safe place and we also serve as a resting area. We looked a place for this to be a real territory intended for the worship of our gods: El Inti y La Pachamama", Pachacutec said to himself. Choosing the old mountain, called "Machu Picchu ".

Day after day, stone by stone this creation of nature was becoming a great work of energy, magic, architectural, engineering and of spirituality.

Passed nearly six centuries...

It seems that the time had not passed and once than I was there, I could not believe what I was watching and above all what I was living.

"With respect, I stand before you, my majesty. I'm kneeling down and with sweat, you excuse me the boldness because I am a simple traveler who carries only a small backpack than is not able to save so much history...", I said to the mountain.

From very young I saw pictures of this place, but now it is more that real. It was an enigma throughout the completeness of the word. My imagination flew and I began to see the mountains in the shape of a condor, serpent and puma, as if they were a representation of the infinite. It was impossible not to be an Inca in this place. I had that deep breath and I left fall the tears and then they slide down all over my face.

They were tears of admiration, and I can't imagine how many tears fell into this place where the Incas proclaimed, proud and grateful, to the Sun God. Now is when I thank the gods for making humanity possesses so many wonders.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About mystery


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.