Existing Member?

Culinary Tastes in Shopping Area

My Scholarship entry - Understanding a Culture through Food

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 22 April 2012 | Views [320] | Scholarship Entry

Culinary experience during my three days in Malaysia gave me lessons on diversity presented through food. I spent my first day with shopping at Bukit Bintang area which is renowned as a shopping paradise. area covered by the mall and stores it's very worth a visit. and I spent my lunch time to visit one area of ??the mall. Pavilion Mall, at the front was a row of cafes with a very relaxed atmosphere and comfortable. we can find a coffee shop or ice cream parlor to relax. that became my goal is to lower ground of this mall. Here there is a very complete food court in presenting a choice for food. with American-style fast food, Chinese cuisine, Japanese cuisine, middle eastern cuisine, culinary and even from Europe can be found here. in addition to the many options and a pretty comfortable place, price and taste of the food here is also satisfactory.

I spent my second day at Suria Mall, this mall is one of the elite mall in KL. we will meet with many foreign tourists here. during the lunch hour will be very crowded mall. almost the entire restaurant is full, so that day I decided to eat at the food court alone. although not as many food choices in the Pavilion Mall, at the food court we are better able to explore the typical food of Malaysia. price offered is also cheaper than in the Pavilion Mall. and my last day I spent with visiting China Town and Petaling Street. in this place we can find typical souvenirs from Malaysia with a very low price. in the China Town there are stalls selling Chinese cuisine with a very, very cheap price. sedangkankan in Petaling Street, there are some sellers snacks Malaysia and also the Food Court which sells very cheap food. although there are many choices of food in this place, but the price and the taste that makes me love this place.

through a diversity of dishes that I tasted in Malaysia, I can sense about how nice flavor is on offer through the existing differences in taste.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About mymonoarfa_journal

a cafe in front of Pavilion Mall

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.