Existing Member?

How do you see me

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 16 June 2011 | Views [459] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

I have three great passions. Capturing beautiful images, listening to peoples' stories (truly listening) and travelling into the heart of new cultures and finding their pulse.
I went to school in Toowoomba (fairly conservative inland Queensland city) and on a visit last year noticed how many African immigrants had come to the city, and how little people seemed to know about them. I began meeting and talking to the Sudanese community and was struck by the attrocities they had gone through and the grace and stoicism with which they bore these.
I want to spend my life sharing things with the world that they may have lived their whole lives without knowing. There is something beautiful to be found in documentaries, letting other poeple show you, letting your judgements be re-aligned.
I am currently a journalism student cutting my teeth on anything that I can. I am happiest when holding a camera and working towards my goal of becoming a professional documentary maker.

Tags: australia, awareness, perceptions, refugees, sudan

 

Comments

1

The Vimeo site was playing up for me this morning so I have also added it on daily motion as a precaution
http://www.dailymotion.com/lisaleafs#videoId=xjbs2iution

the video url you entered is invalid (http://upload.youtube.com/my_videos_upload)
it should be in a format like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1b2sfsgg
You can login to your journal & update your video url

  myeye Jun 16, 2011 2:02 PM

About myeye


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.