Existing Member?

Peregrination

Young, Wild, and Free

AUSTRIA | Friday, 8 May 2015 | Views [157] | Scholarship Entry

This was it, finally my parents allowed me to travel alone (well not completely), I had my cousin with me in a ski camp to Austria. Learning how to ski was just an excuse to travel and see a different country for me. This time it was Kaprun in Austria. It was one of the most beautiful cities I had seen till now. The air was so fresh, as soon as I got out of the airport and took the air in, I was in love with Austria. Clear skies, pleasant weather, fresh air, and beautiful, kind people everywhere. The first day we just unpacked our bags and walked around the small city. The architecture was incredible, the creepers growing on the tower like pillars looked like an illustration from a fairytale. Not many people spoke English so it was a little bit difficult to carry out conversation but it was worth it nonetheless as both of us are trying to make each other understand what we are talking about. There were smiles everywhere and being there without parents gave me the freedom to explore the city more freely. At night a couple of us from the camp went to check out the pubs and luckily we were old enough to party there. The nightlife was incredible, gorgeous men and women everywhere just having fun and getting lost in the music. The bartender was the sweetest person I've met who even added me on Facebook later that night. 2 weeks in kaprun where we spent the first week only learning how to ski, it was a great experience. The sightseeing part was more incredible as I got to see the city for what it really is and got to meet people everywhere. the last day was very bittersweet as I wanted to leave everything and settle down in Austria with the beautiful environment and people. Now I'm trying to save up as mich as I can so that I can go see the rest of Austria and Europe.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About my_wonderland


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.