Existing Member?

I Haven't Been Everywhere But It's On My List I love to travel and experience the world but part of the fun for me is documenting those experiences through photography and writing. Follow along with me and enjoy the ride!

New Zealand 2017

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 22 February 2017 | Views [184]

Australia/New Zealand 2017

Australia/New Zealand 2017

After JUST barely having enough time in Australia to decompress and avoid the bends we jumped on a plane to Auckland, New Zealand.   With my tight school schedule and my dad not having that much time off of work, we only had 3 days in NZ.  We thought we wouldn't be able to fit in any hiking while we were in NZ. Lucky for us the city park turned out to be some beautiful urban hiking. See if you can spot the tiny human in this massive tree!  Because we only had 3 short days in New Zealand we had to make the most of them.  Got to spend a day in Auckland and took a great city bus tour.  The next day we headed out to Waitomo glowworm caves where we floated through the caves and were in complete awe of the tiny glowing dots all around us.  Next we stopped at the Agrodome Farm Tour (Rotorua) where we got to see the sheep, cow, llamas and so much more!  Our last stop of the day was the Mauri Village of Te Puia.  We got a traditional welcome, a tour of the village and a concert and haka performance.  It was stunning!  Both my dad and I went home with beautful cavings.  I'm not usually one to buy souveniers when I travel but the carvings were beautiful and the experience was incredible so I wanted to be able to remember it!  We had a fancy dinner at the Sugar Club with an incredible view of the city and had to pack up to head back stateside the next morning.

 

About mwollak

Playing in waterfalls in the Cambodian jungle

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.