Existing Member?

Learning how to speak a new language with music!

My Scholarship entry - Learning How to...

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [239] | Scholarship Entry


When I lived in Sarajevo, Bosnia, I learned the local language, Bosnian/Serbo-Croatian, through songs. I felt the soul of the country through its music. I want to help people learn other languages via music so that they can get as close as possible to the heart of the culture, people, language and country they are learning about. I’ve written a book, Language is Music, with tips on learning languages through music, TV, radio, film, podcasts and other free and low-cost resources because I am passionate about making foreign languages accessible to people. By using my languages (Portuguese, Russian, English, French, Spanish, Italian and Bosnian) in my films, I aim to inspire people to learn languages, talk to new people and see the world. Since I speak fluent Portuguese and am a huge fan of Brazilian music and culture, the guidance of Trent O’Donnell will empower me to show others how learning Portuguese via Brazilian music will enrich their lives.

I’ve edited the videos on my You Tube channel and I am co-producing a documentary film, Saved by Language about how the Judeo-Spanish language of Ladino saved a Sephardic Bosnian boy’s life in World War II. ??

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About musicinsarajevo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.