Existing Member?

Musical and other adventures

Thurs 18 July - off to Liepāja

LATVIA | Friday, 19 July 2013 | Views [206] | Comments [1]

 

This morning got off to a bad start because I kicked my little toe on the leg of the bed and it really hurts! Hopefully I haven't broken it - I taped it up with a bandaid and am hoping for the best. Rob provided plenty of sympathy! 
 
We said good bye to our hotel in the centre of Riga and caught the taxi to the bus station to catch our bus to Liepāja. We were nice and early for the bus, which we always like to be. The trip took about 3 and a half hours from Riga (including stops).   Liepāja is on the west coast of Latvia, on the sea. It is Latvia's third biggest city. The countryside along the way was very flat. 
 
My foot was aching, from the whack I gave it this morning and it really started to hurt once we got off the bus and were standing up. We couldn't see any taxis anywhere, so walked to our hotel. We had planned to walk anyway, but I was thinking 'ow, ow, ow' with every step! The walk was not straightforward, as they are doing a lot of road and footpath maintenance everywhere, so this presented challenges along the way. We finally made it to the hotel. I took some much needed Panadol and put more band aids on then we set off to the supermarket to buy some salad to eat in the room for dinner. Hopefully a rest will make my foot a lot better for tomorrow's exploring of the town. 

Comments

1

Poor mummy! How is it now?

  Jive Jul 22, 2013 10:01 PM

About musicaladventures


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Latvia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.