Existing Member?

My American trip

American trip

USA | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [137] | Scholarship Entry

I had the opportunity to be a part of an exchange program in USA for one year. During that year, I wanted to see as much as I can. So I decided to go for a road trip during my winter break. I started with Atlanta, Georgia where I stayed with a Couchsufer (Couchsurfing.org) who was very crazy about photography. During that time, I have just bought a new camera and meeting this amazing host helped me to learn a lot of photography and how to make it as an art. I enjoyed every single moment of the shots and I was very happy to get one of his lance as a gift. My second stop was Chicago where I stayed with a very nice married couple. These people cooked for me an amazing food and showed me all around Chicago. We had a very interesting conversations about difference in culture. We had the opportunity to go out together and try the famous Chicagoan pizza. After that I headed to Minneapolis, where the weather there was colder than Chicago, I was there just for a one day trip so I was able to see some landmarks and visiting the mall of America. Then, I headed to Cincinnati for one day, it was a lot warmer there and the place was pretty cool, so much to see. After that I took the bus to Washington DC where I stayed with a friend that i hosted him in my country. DC was very nice small cities where there are so much to see. Then, I headed to Philadelphia where I stayed with an amazing couchsufer who picked me up from the bus station at 3am in the morning and gave me a city tour at that time. This guy gave me his train pass and his museum pass during all my stay. I was so happy to spend Christmas with this friend. After that I went to Boston where I stayed with an old couchsufer, staying this old man was a blast we walked all around Boston together. Then I headed to New York City where I spent my new year. It was one of the best experience to be in New York during the new year. I was standing in the time square from 10am till 2am. It was truly a life time experience. There were so many people from all over the world, we were all celebrating new year together in the same place, sharing food and having fun. In my way back to Troy, Alabama where I lived, I stopped by Knoxville, Tennessee, My host there made my stay amazing, he was with me all the day long showing me all the beautiful corners of that small town.
I was really very happy to meet all these amazing people during my journey and enjoying all these awesome cities together.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About murica


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.