Existing Member?

Enjoying Life....

Adapting to Changes...

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 11 May 2012 | Views [646]

This is actually last night's blog...slacked off on uploading it yesterday since I went to bed early...heheh

This silent thing definitely isn't working for me.  I was doing so well until around 11am.  Fen, one of the volunteers here, distracted me and started speaking to me.  I couldn't resist talking since it was about rice.  Last night, Fen talked about taking his canoe to the Island of Arran and I told him if he did, he needed to go find me a Chinese restaurant and bring me back rice and tofu w/ vegetables.  So this morning's discussion was around whether he was still going and he asked if I was serious about it.  I looked at him and said "what part of my expression and what I am saying makes you think I am joking?"....hehehe.  I was totally serious!!

He told me I should ask the chef to make me some white rice, but I was shy about it...I had already asked him yesterday to boil me some eggs for today...so I didn't want to seem difficult.  Fen ended up talking to the chef about it because at lunch time, the chef had some white rice and two boiled eggs for me!!!  I was the happiest girl in that moment...heheh!  I hugged the chef and thanked him...man, the rice with the eggs was so yummy!  I felt so special to have my own meal especially prepared for me...haha! 

I will actually be able to have my rice and meat one day early...yippee!  The weather is expected to be bad on Sunday, so the ferry probably won't run...I have to either leave tomorrow or leave on Monday night.  Since my hotel and tours are already booked, I am leaving tomorrow and will just spend an extra day in Glasgow.  I had to make the most of today since it was my last full day and took my DSLR out again to take more pictures.  As I was walking, I realized I wasn't even dodging the poopie as much anymore...I've gotten to the point where looking at the beauty around me was more important than stepping on some poo.  I can't believe I just said that...what's happening to me?!

The meditation seems to be getting easier...the time doesn't seem as long anymore.  And I've found that I'm getting better at being focused and not getting as distracted.  There was a French camera crew there today to film what goes on here and during the 5pm meditation, they were in the room with us.  They cameramen brought the camera and pointed in the direction of me, Laura, and Claire...this is after the meditation started.  Laura got up and left...I looked over and it's pointing towards me and I'm like..."I look like crap since I didn't have time to go to my room after taking pics and had to run here when they ran the gong...what are they doing??!?!" and "my nose is all runny since it was so cold out...so the French people will see my runny snot".  That was horrible...but then I accepted it and closed my eyes...and I had a wonderful meditation.  I feel like I've come a long way when I can zone out a camera crew!

I'm keeping this short today since I've got to get up at 5:30am for this other type of meditation called Green Tara.  I hear it's really beautiful and I needed to experience it at least once before I leave...so I'll drag my butt out of bed for this.  I actually told Claire and Laura I was backing out, but they wouldn't let me...so I'm committed now.

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.