Existing Member?

Enjoying Life....

Bar hopping and good fried rice.....

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 16 May 2010 | Views [720]

I think I have personal record for the number of bars I went to in one week and I don't even drink! :)  6 bars...5 of them in one day!!! Happy hour on Tuesday with IBM and the CEO of my company (she was in Melbourne for a couple of days), happy hour on Friday with co-workers, and I went out on Friday night with Kingsley and some of his friends on Friday night.  Kingsley and his friends decided to do some bar hopping and had planned to hit 10 bars that night.  Each bar was strategically planned out based on location...and I joined them at the second bar since it was right behind my apartment.  I was only able to make it through 4 bars before I bailed...I'm such an old woman!!  I was already pretty tired from the long week and my feet was hurting from all the walking...I had on my high heeled boots, so not comfortable for walking around the city.  It was alot of fun though...good to meet his friends. I found out today they didn't even make it to all 10 bars! :)

Saturday was a pretty mellow day.  I went to return the movie I rented and got another movie to watch.  The movie store is next to the Queen Victoria Market, so I did a little bit of shopping at the market before heading back home.  I also went by the Chinese grocery store to pick up some Chinese sausage to make fried rice.  I had a craving for fried rice after hearing my coworker talked about it and that's all I've eaten for the last 3 meals after I cooked it.  It was sooooo good...I never brag about my food cause it never tastes good, but I have to admit...I did a pretty good job this time!! :P  I guess you can't really go wrong with the Chinese sausages..they make anything tastes good!!

I also went to get a massage on Saturday.  I went back to Louie, who gave me the massage last week.  He is fantastic...really focused on getting my back loosened up and he recommended I try "cupping" to help keep the tension out longer.  Cupping is used to help with circulation and removing toxins.  The process involves burning a piece of paper in a cup and then placing the cup over an area of the body.  It creates a vacuum and draws the skin underneath the cup.  Sounds like it would hurt, but when he tried it on my shoulders...it didn't hurt at all.  I could feel the pressure but no pain...my shoulders felt so relaxed afterwards!!!  I think I will have to try it on my whole back next time...the only downside is that I have two round bruise-looking marks on my back now from where the cups were placed...so I can't be showing anyone my back until my skin returns to normal! :)

I went to Williamstown today (Sunday) with Kingsley...it's a suburb that is about 30 minutes from where I'm at.  Williamstown is a historic port...lots of historic buildings.  Seemed a bit quiet when we first got there...we walked along the waterfront and there were very few people out...maybe because it was a little chilly today as well.  It felt like we were in a ghost town until we walked into town and there were more restaurants/shops.  It didn't take long to walk through the whole town though...it was really small!!!  Not one of my favorite places, but something to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.