Existing Member?

Enjoying Life....

Stress, Massages, Rock Climbing, and John Mayer

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 7 May 2010 | Views [572] | Comments [4]

I've been back in oz for almost 2 weeks now and things have been extremely busy (and extremely stressful) with work.  Alot of things are happening that are out of my control and unfortunately they affect me and put alot strain and stress on me.  Anyways, sorry for not writing in my blog for so long...haven't written partly because I've been so busy and also I wasn't sure if anyone was still reading the blog since I was back in the US for so long. :)  Apparently, I still have two loyal readers left...thanks for checking on me to make sure everything is ok.  So for Robert and Maureen...this blog is for you and even if you are the only two reading...that means something! :)  (If my other friends still are reading this too, thanks as well!!)

I received some news this week that I wasn't too thrilled about.  Our project is delayed, which means I have to return to oz one last time in June for about 4 weeks.  This was suppose to be my last trip back and I was to leave on May 20 back to the US...which now I'm not even sure I will be able to do.  I'm doing my best to make sure I at least get home on May 20....so cross your fingers for me!  I miss home!!!  I like being in oz, but I've put my life on hold since end of Jan...I'm ready to get back to my life.  I'm not looking forward to the trip back to oz in June.

Despite being so busy with work, I was able to have a bit of fun this past weekend.  I went rock climbing with my friend Kingsley at an indoor rock climbing place.  This place is so cool...the wall is 17.5 meters (about 57.5 feet) high and it was hard work getting up the wall!!  I've only been rock climbing once which was about 5 years ago in Atlanta and the wall was much shorter.  Kingsley and I didn't know better and we went up the section of the wall that was pretty hard.  Somehow, I miraculously made it all the way up the wall even though I had to stop at times to figure out where I was going.  It wore me out...I didn't think I'd be able to do anymore!!! My arms were so tired (and I know you are suppose to use your legs, but I had a hard time doing that) but I was happy I didn't give up.  When I came down from the wall and looked at it, I was shocked that there were barely any rocks there...no wonder it was so hard!!!  For the second one, I went up the easy ones that the kids use...haha.  We did about 5 climbs total...what a great workout and it was tons of fun!!!

Kingsley and I also went to a John Mayer concert on Monday.  Funny how I have to come all the way to Australia to go to my first real concert and an American artist at that!  I really enjoyed it...I also liked the opening act.  Orianthi opened up for him and she's the girl who sings the "According to you" song...I love that song!  That was a great bonus!!

My back has been hurting and it's been really tight since I got back to oz...flying in premium economy back and forth does not help!  I've gotten two massages to help me alleviate the pain and I love the massages here!!!  I tell them I have knots in my back and they actually do focus on getting rid of my knots!!!  My co-worker recommended someone that I went to today and that was one of the best massages I've ever had...wish I could find someone in the Atlanta that is that good!!

I've found my new favorite food...Eskimo Snowballs!!! It's "soft creamy vanilla flavored marshmallow snowballs choc coated and covered with flakes of coconut".  I guess little kids like them, but they are so good I don't know why more adults don't eat them!!!  :)  It's so yummy that I've eaten 2.5 bags already in one week...and I have 2.5 more bags left.  My coworker Trina bought me two bags on Wed and my other coworker Lina got me two more bags today.  Lina bought some so I could bring them home to eat over the weekend....that was so thoughtful of her!!  The Aussies really are nice people!!  I probably should slow down on eating so much of the snowballs or I'll put on weight again...hahah.

Well, that's it for now.  It's Friday night and I'm relaxing since it's been an exhausting week!!!  I went shopping earlier after I got the massage and I'm too lazy to go do anything now....need some zzzzzz's.

Comments

1

Glad to see you back on line. Hang in there.

And next time don't be such a slacker and include some pictures! :)

  Robert May 8, 2010 5:14 AM

2

Dang..so demanding! :) I do have pics from John Mayer....I'll probably get around it uploading it sometime this weekend, but I was so far away you can't see anything.

  muoy May 8, 2010 11:16 AM

3

how's the math work out?
calories burned from rock climbing vs 5 bags of eskimo snowballs + huge bowls of rice
make sure to bring me back some. pack in dry ice.

  KiDaPimp May 11, 2010 12:04 AM

4

the eskimo snowballs are not frozen silly! :P But i do plan on bringing some back for my nieces and nephew. Maybe if you are lucky, i will share them with you.

My other coworker also gave me 3 snickers bars and 2 picnic bars today....so got to add that into the math.....

  muoy May 11, 2010 10:28 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.