Existing Member?

Enjoying Life....

Flying out today!!!

USA | Sunday, 5 July 2009 | Views [387] | Comments [2]

I fly out today!!!  I'm very excited...but also nervous since I don't know what to expect.  This is my first time returning to my birth country since I left there in 1979.  It'll be interesting to meet my relatives for the first time and see the differences in culture.  My grandmother, uncle and his family should be arriving Phnom Penh today from Paris.  I had my mom call the folks in Cambodia to ensure that my uncle is there to pick me up from the airport since I don't know what anyone else looks like.  Knowing me, I'd probably start talking to someone I thought was my relative and next thing you know, I'd be in a car going somewhere I shouldn't be.

I'll be flying to Beijing first and spend the night there before I fly to Phnom Penh.  I can't wait to experience business class!!  The seats recline to 176 degrees, so hopefully I'll be able to get some really good rest and the jetlag won't be so bad. And I am on the upper deck...how awesome is that!??!  All those years of travelling finally paid off!!!

Ok...gotta run to finish up some last minute things....

Comments

1

See, I kept my promise. I am sure you have touched down by now. I wont expect an entry for a few days while you find your feet. After that, I expect daily (or twice daily) updates. Have fun!!!

  Lefak Jul 6, 2009 10:11 PM

2

Aww..thank you hubby! You have no faith in me...I don't need a few stinkin' days...I'm already on it! :P

  muoy Jul 7, 2009 2:49 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.