Existing Member?

Not defined yet, until I'm dead

Holy Mountains

ARMENIA | Wednesday, 13 May 2015 | Views [173] | Scholarship Entry

They say that we were born too late to explore the Earth and too early to explore the space. It sounds rather cogently but I can't agree. I've never thought of myself as an explorer but I've become one. Being a quarter armenian I've decided to visit my historical motherland to find out where my roots belong to. To my mind it is useless to describe the beauty of ancient cities, cathedrals that had been built dozen centuries ago and it is completely impossible to express the might of nature. Luckily my trip was not about it. Even though I was traveling abroad it has become a journey inside myself. I've realised that the whole world is waiting for every man unexplored and mysterious and it opens differently for every one. So the travelling is not what you see, but what you feel.
I was standing on the hill, they told me that it is the nearest place in whole Armenia to look at Ararat. You know, the mountain Ararat is not on the territory of Armenia anymore, but it is of great importance for every armenian. The mountain itself is an embodiment of nation's proud and pain. The people is doomed to see their Holy Mountains every day, inaccessible, but desired. That moment changed me. I shared that proud and that pain. A hope appeared inside of me, a hope, that one day justice will prevail. I've explored not the place nor the fact that Ararat belongs to the territory of Turkey, but I've explored a small part of my own soul.
Now, after three years have passed, I'm still exploring myself. A travel helps to discover something new, but not on the map, it's an opportunity to extend your own borders or even to erase them. It does not matter if it is a ride to the suburbs of the city you are living in or a journey to another side of the globe. So keep your eyes wide open and open your heart even wider.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About multiacid


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Armenia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.