Existing Member?

unity and creativity

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Tuesday, 8 February 2011 | Views [235] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

i walked into this new fresh panorama . my mind started getting confused by the copious alike faces that it would register.i never thought that the world would have such photocopies of human beings or was it an illusion.they were the noisiest lot i have ever met.as i stealthily trodded through the corridors; i could feel the eyes boring through my black skin.i could feel that they loved the sight of this new being;this ambitious bold new teacher that had adorned himself with colorful traditional outfit or was it modern?they couldn't tell for they were used to saris.but i had a lot of moraal to meet and unite this community.
i stood infront of one of the classes and all the ears were attentive like a dear wary of a cheetah from a distance. i introduced my name and i said why i was there. the whole class went into jubilation.
"so they could cheer? wow"
i was to teach drama for a short contract.it was an Asian school with a British system but in time the school's population had become diverse. there was Hindu who wore dangling bangles on their arms and dangling gods round their neck,South Indians who had pale asian complexion as if dying from lack of sunshine,Marshtra,Jainism sometimes called Shahs;one would differentiate the boys from girls with as red as scarlet marks on their forehead-they boys had a red round mark while the girls had a dot.muslims with white and others with black buibuis broke the tiresome monotonous of alike Asian faces that were streaming from every corner of the class.the Sikh commonly with a white clothing tied tightly around the head or at the center of the head added some impeccable color to the class.
abruptly as the class erupted to greet back i remembered the words echoing in my mind from the interviewers who saw it was worth to give me a shot for the job from a sprawling 15 interviewees who had come to bitterly battle it out and reduce over dependece in their family."how will you unite this community for there is a lot of hatred across the diverse religions especially the Shahs and the Patels? how will you bring the African and traditional aspect in your lessons and any other work relevant?"
and those words made deeper sense than they did in the boardroom.they echoed so loudly like they wanted to tear my eardrum into pieces.
unity and love especially from different races and religions is of paramount importance and i worked so hard to develope it in terms of theater productions and photography.
all inferior races and religions have a chance of getting a shot of major characters in all theater productions as well as appear in the school's website as part and parcel of the school's student. the school well known as Oshwal Academy Nairobi Primary now has more unity than ever before.in my journal are the pictures taken

Tags: #2011Writing, Travel Writing Scholarship 2011

Comments

1

being a national geographic photographer will be my dream come true

  mukira Sep 11, 2011 4:54 AM

About mukira


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.